About Mike Southerland
I am proud to say that I am a "native son" of the area.
Bremerton, my home town, is a 20 minute drive from Belfair, my office location.
Growing up, I spent part of each summer with my aunt and uncle at their waterfront home on the North Shore of Hood Canal.
After living in Seattle for 16 years, the scenic beauty and rural charm of Mason County, Hood Canal, Case Inlet and Puget Sound drew me back. I have lived in the North Mason area since 1990.
For those that already live and vacation here, you know just how beautiful the Hood Canal and North Mason County areas are. For first time visitors, you will be more than impressed with the vast array of outdoor activities available in our wonderful area, such as power boating, fishing, diving, sailing, shrimping and crabbing, beautiful walks along the Theler Wetlands Trail, great driving roads, community festivals — you name it, we might just have it!
EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
* University of Washington, 1978 graduate, Communications and Marketing
* 29 year career with Qwest/US WEST, the last 20 as an award winning Yellow Page representative
* Numerous classes and seminars while at Qwest/US West, including sales, marketing, customer service, graphic design, etc
* Dale Carnegie Course, "How to Win Friends and Influence People", 1986 graduate
* ABR - I am a holder of the real estate Accredited Buyers Representative designation
* CNE - I am a holder of the real estate Certified Negotiation Expert designation - also, i negotiated thousands of contracts while with Yellow Pages
* United Way loaned executive
* Rotary International, member, North Mason branch - "Service before Self."
* North Mason schools, member of the Bond and Levy campaign and Capital Levy campaigns - I BELIEVE IN SCHOOLS!
* Boys and Girls club executive committee, North Mason
* Chamber of Commerce, North Mason, member
* Allyn Days Community Festival - I help BBQ the salmon
MY BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY
Real estate is a common sense business — if you want a house, I`ll find you a house; If you want to sell a house, I`ll sell your house — but it isn`t that easy.
The complexities of the real estate business require training and business knowledge, as certainly you deserve the best possible representation. And you may be assured that I will keep you informed during the entire real estate buying or selling experience.
Clear and open information from you, the customer, and from me, your real estate representative, is absolutely vital to the success of our association. The willingness to share information and ideas is of vital importance in our relationship.
I have found that the best business relationships are founded on a few simple concepts — trust, honesty, and integrity. I pledge to you my best effort at all times. I love working with people! It`s fun to get out and about, talk with folks about their real estate needs, to make it an enjoyable and logical process.
Our dealings shouldn`t end when I sell your property, or find property for you. You should always feel comfortable contacting me with your real estate needs. The Mason County/Hood Canal area is rich in abundance and diversity, and I look forward to showing it to you! Please don`t hesitate to contact me. I`ll be happy to find the property you`re looking for, be it Hood Canal waterfront, view condominiums atop Romance Hill with a stunning view of beautiful Hood Canal, family homes, acreage, or the best fit for your real estate needs.
Feel free to contact me at any time. I`ll be glad to be of assistance in finding the property you`re looking for - I enjoy helping people!